"Welcome to Labyrinth Zone!"
"....wait, wait! Don't leave just yet! It's a bit different than you might be used to. Changing from the standard Labyrinth Zone you know and
love hate, we've upgraded things here for a smoother aquatic experience! Feel free to look around and explore the underground caverns of South Island to your heart's content. Ignore any rumours you've heard about flooding, magic rings, weird floating water, caterkillers, etc., as we've since been using the latest Anti-Dick-Move Technology to bring you a safe, drown-free Labyrinth Zone. Please try not to get lost in the caves, and avoid pressing any random conspicuous buttons. Unless your name is Sonic the Hedgehog. You have been warned. Enjoy your stay at our new and improved Labyrinth Zone!"
Labyrinth Zone EX is a ROM hack of the original Sonic the Hedgehog that includes a variety of new ways to play Labyrinth Zone. It features all four stages, a new hub area to choose which variant you want to play, a secret zone, and an alternate mode to mix things up a bit.
This demo includes:
- A new hub area
- Four different water gameplay 'styles'
- Two gameplay modes
- A hidden zone to discover.
- A new music track
- Minor layout modifications
- Some general quality of life improvements to the water physics, and bug fixes.
- Signage in the Hubs
- More environmental effects and tweaked badniks
- More and more water gimmick 'styles', and an expanded HUB area
- More secret levels, bonuses
- A relevant final boss
- Random Mode
Thanks for Playing!
And sorry in advance for developing a hack exclusively made of Sonic 1 water levels.
- Gardeguey - The PalLoad_Loop routine
- MarkeyJester - Deformation coding assistance
- King of Harts - Sonic Triad
- MainMemory - Inspiration, SonLVL
- King Meteor/Monster Iestyn - TTGF midi
- Oerg - That rather large instrument pack you released forever ago
- Positive Josh and The Geek Critique