Are you up 2 it? Again?!
Hello this is my first time participating in the Sonic Hacking contest.
Now I know what you are thinking "Isn't it a bit too early for an Anniversary Edition?" the answer is yes, However I've been working on multiple mods over the past few years and I felt like this one was the only one I could finished and enter into the contest.
Anyways, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Anniversary Edition is an enchantment mod of Sonic 2 that I've been working on for many years in my spare time.
- Tons of Bug Fixes, Ranging form Big to tiny little fixes
- Hidden Palace Zone has been added as a Extra Level, you can find in Mystic Cave Act 2 if you fall into the Pit (Just like in the Moblie Version).
- Hill Top Zone has been added to 2P Vs. mode. To access it, highlight Emerald Hill and hold C and push Start.
- Remixed Music and different music for each Act.
- The original soundtrack is available as an option
- Knuckles is playable, along with and option to have Tails follow him (Though he is not playable in 2 Player mode just yet)
- Tails can Fly/Swim (but can't carry Sonic/Knuckles yet)
- Tails also now has a Super Form
- Tails's Shorter Height is now actual taken into account for collision instead of just reusing Sonic's Height.
- The Level Layouts have been modfied with bugfixes and new areas for Knuckles and Tails to Explore
- An Easy and Hard mode that rearranges the Level Layout and adjusts the Bosses. These modes don't just make the Game Easier/Harder, They actually rearrange the Level Layout to make it different and Easier/Harder (Think of them more as Sonic Jam's Easy mode or Sonic Mania's Encore Mode)
- An Extended Options screen with 2 Pages
- New Vs. mode Options in the Option screen
- No Teleport Monitors
- Fixed Monitors
- Smoother Animations
- Enchanced Graphics that looks nicer and matches Yasushi Yamaguchi's artwork much closer (as well as imported graphics from Sonic Mania)
- Each Act has a Different Color Palette, to give it that Sonic 3 feeling
- You can hold B while a Level is loading to have different music playing, like the 2 player songs
- This also works in 2 Player mode as well so you can have 1 player songs in 2 player mode
- In 2 player mode the Signpost also Doesn't lock the Screen anymore when it appears on Screen, Only when you cross it. Allow you to get more points over the other player in case you didn't want to finish the level yet.
- Tails A.I. Improvements:
- He can't steal a bubble from you anymore, he now leaves the bubble after breathing it like in Sonic Mania
- He can't active collasping platforms, falling platforms, moving platforms, and HTZ zip lines
The 1-up Song currently has a habbit of crashing the game, usually when it fades back into a song. Because of this I have Removed the 1-UP Song and Replaced all calls to the 1-up Song with the Perfect Ring Jingle from Sonic 3's Special Stage. This is Currently a Temporary Fix until I fix the Issue.
Original MIDI Version of Chemical Plant Act 2 from vgmusic.com - Created by Kentaro - Converted to SMPS and Edited by Me
A Really old version of Clownacy's Clone Driver, The only reason that I haven't change to a different sound driver is because I'm lazy
Mega PCM By Valdikcomper