A hack of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 that ports over all Sonic & Knuckles features without the use of lock-on, as well as making numerous tweaks, changes, bug fixes, and new features.
Changes from standalone Sonic 3:
- Knuckles is now playable in the main game.
- Mushroom Hill, Flying Battery, Sandopolis, Lava Reef, Hidden Palace, Death Egg, and Doomsday are all fully playable. The Super Emeralds, Hyper Sonic/Knuckles, and Super Tails are also included.
- Fixed mapping error where some of Super Sonic's mappings were misaligned, specifically in the transformation and balancing animations.
- Restored missing Super Sonic palette cycle.
- Carnival Night Act 2, Ice Cap Act 2, Launch Base Act 2, Mushroom Hill Act 1, and Lava Reef Act 2 use music from the 1103 prototype.
- Tweaked sprites of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles to make them more consistent. Knuckles also has a more stern look on his face.
- Fixed "Dr. Robotnik's diabolical traps" in Ice Cap Zone.
Changes from Sonic 3 & Knuckles:
- You can no longer crash the game to boot into Sonic & Knuckles alone.
- Lava Reef Act 2's palette now cycles correctly.
- Most bugs from both Sonic 3 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles are patched out, but some of them may still remain.