Sonic Forces Re-imagined is a project that aims to "remix" the entirety of Forces by adding new paths, new sections, revamped object placement, and more to each stage in order to make them longer, more challenging, and more engaging. This demo features 6 extended stages; all of the stages from SHC 2020 and 2021 make a return, with each sporting significant visual upgrades, dynamic terrain loading (for the 2020 stages), GI improvements, and numerous bug fixes and design adjustments. After being scrapped from last year's demo, Aqua Road also makes an appearance, featuring brand new 2D and 3D sections along with more improvements and additions to the original stage's layout. Lastly, as an extra bonus two new extra stages have been included, featuring remixed level design from Luminous Forest and Park Avenue.
Not only that, but many new secrets and surprises lie within in each of the demo's stages, just waiting to be found...
Each main stage in the demo features:
- Brand-new sections featuring custom terrain and object placement
- Object layout changes in the original sections to make them feel fresh
- New enemies (in Arsenal Pyramid)
- New gimmicks and/or background elements
- New placements for all Red Star Rings, Number Rings, and Moon Rings
- And more...
Additional quality of life features have been implemented as well, such as:
- Custom rank requirements for all stages in the demo
- A custom save file (all cosmetics are unlocked by default so you can re-create your personal Avatars)
- More updates and changes to the improved physics
- Classic Sonic Improvement Mod compatibility for Iron Fortress
Overall, this demo represents one of the largest updates to Re-imagined yet.