Sonic & Johnny is a heavy modification of Sonic the Hedgehog by Lone Devil where the goal is Racing against your Rival for the first Two Acts while fighting New Bosses along the way. Featuring Johnny from Sonic Rush Adventure and New Zones containing plenty of familarity.
STORY: After Robotnik's disatisfaction with his rebellious Metal Sonic, Robotnik and his empire decided to own land, and reclaim all the Chaos Emeralds to mysteriously summon an individual from another dimension who calls himself Johnny. After being sold with Johnny's arrogant skills, Robotnik constructs a deal that would give Johnny the fame and recognition he always wanted by inviting him to his recently funded Atomic Stadium, an small island built for the strongest of racers with a special prize if one of the racers collects all Emeralds.
Sonic gets a report from Knuckles that his Emeralds is missing and later recieved a letter from Robotnik threatening Sonic to join his 1v1 Grand Prix or else one of his friends will remain kidnapped forever. Sonic calls Tails to fly him to the nearest stadium to join the race to beat Robotnik's latest successor to Metal Sonic and find out what's really going on.
- SONIC - Can't fix what isn't broken because hes Sonic! One difference is he accelerates instantly as soon as the maximum Spindash button count hits. His Shield Ability is a powerful Dropdash.
- JOHNNY - The Sultan of Speed on his quest to prove to the crowd that no one is faster than him. Since he can't willingly Roll like Sonic, His invulnerability lies in his speed like a torpedo. Johnny can stomp on enemies and itemboxes, Charge a Super Peelout (↑+A) that can be cancelled for a quickdash, Slide (hold ↓ while moving) and SuperJump (↓+A) to reach heights or jump down slopes for more momentum. His Shield Ability is a HoverJump that acts like a tiny double jump to remain on the air.
- Special Stages can be entered by hitting an S Monitor or collect 100 Rings into the Goalpost.
- Co-op Mode that can be played solo or with a 2nd player, This will disable the time limit since neither character is racing.
- Sonic 1 Mode with slightly different layouts.
- High Score Leaderboards that can be set after losing all lives or after credits.
- A proper Hard Mode that contains stricter time limits and slightly modified boss patterns,, For expereinced Sonic players.
- Skins for Shields and Monitors.
- Toggleable Random Monitors (Will overwrite S Monitors).
- Press C in midair to transform into Super Sonic or Super Johnny if All 6 Emeralds are collected.
- Sonic has Slowducking from S3K for smooth instant-Spindashes and an controlable Rolljump from Sonic CD.
- Johnny can't drown and won't SuperJump underwater.
- Setting to NTSC-J or PAL will give you different title logos.
- in Co-op mode, holding up halts the partner a.i. if you're stuck, Pause and Press C to unstuck at the cost of a life.
- Level Select, Debug Mode, SuperSonic, and Continues Cheats are all based off of Sonic 2's Sound Test codes in their respective menus.
- This Hack is a sequel to the SHC2017 Winner Metal Sonic Rebooted.
- Labyrinth's Water palette on a full playthrough may crash if Paused underwater.
- PAL likely won't bootup on real hardware, not like anyone should play on 50hz anyway. (Tested on Regen)
SOUND TEST CHEATS:
(Note: All Cheats except Level Select & Debug Mode will disable when entering Options again.)
- 02, 02, 04, 08 - Unchains Two Players in Co-Op turning your rival into a Tails-style partner, This is basically Easy Mode without the time limits.
- 01, 03, 03, 07 - Unlocks Shield Abilities without a Shield.
- 03, 06, 09, 12 - Gives you Sonic 1 Sonic while both characters recieve speed caps, for S1 fanatics and for those looking for another challenge.
- 08, 12, 20, 13 - Sonic becomes RedHotSonic.
- 19, 65, 09,17 - Unlocks Level Select, When enabled Press A on Character Select screen.
- 01, 01, 02, 04 - Gives 10 Continues.
- 04, 01, 02, 06 - Have All Emeralds at the start. (Level Select's Sound Test only)
- 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04 - Unlocks Debug Mode (Level Select's Sound Test only)
- 05, 10, 15, 20 - Reset High Score Leaderboard (Level Select's Sound Test only)