Explore every nook and cranny of Angel Island and become the hero with some new faces and old friends. Mighty the Armadillo, Ray the Flying Squirrel, and Amy Rose.
- Play as Mighty, Ray, or Amy without replacing any of the main cast, thanks to the Extra Slot framework designed for adding new characters to Sonic 3 A.I.R.
- Mighty, the beloved armadillo, joins the adventure with moves reminiscent of his appearance in Sonic Mania.
- He's equipped with spike protection and the hammerdrop (triggered in mid-air by pressing the jump button).
- Mighty can cling to walls, similar to Knuckles' Chaotix, allowing you to scale them.
- Optionally, you can use the Megamix Mania wall cling, allowing you to slide up walls with enough momentum. This will leave you vulnerable but you can hold down on the dpad to stay in a ball.
- Keep an eye out for hidden surprises along exclusive routes in Angel Island Zone (AIZ) and Lava Reef Zone (LRZ) that only Mighty can uncover.
Ray: (blue skechers included)
- Ray, the flying squirrel, returns with his signature gliding ability.
- Control Ray's glide by pressing the jump button in mid-air and using directional inputs. Gain speed by pointing downward and swoop back up for incredible heights.
- Ray's "Air Boost" (activated by pressing up) lets you soar even higher.
- Ray can also cling to walls briefly, but be careful not to slide off without touching the ground.
- Use Ray as a hang glider while paired with Sonic, Knuckles, or Mighty for added mobility.
- Amy, the hedgehog with attitude, makes her debut with a dynamic moveset inspired by Antonblast.
- Double-jump to spin and protect herself with her Piko Piko Hammer. By holding the button, you will perform a Hammer Spin that gives you more range, deflects projectiles, and allows you to bounce.
- From there, she'll be able to continue barreling through enemies like a hot knife through butter. When falling after a bounce, you will be left vulnerable until you perform a Hammer Clutch by pressing the jump button. Performing a Hammer Clutch near the ground will bounce you up once more. You can chain combos if you time the Hammer Clutch after each bounce.
- Perform the Hammer Clutch onto a wall to bounce off of it, you can also chain the bounces off of walls (Simularly to the wall jump seen in Super Mario 64.)
- Execute a devastating hammer slam by pressing down and a face button in the air.
- Cancel the hammer slam mid-air by releasing the jump button for extra downward momentum.
- Take these characters into Competition mode or Blue Spheres for a fresh gameplay experience.
- Access the act select menu by navigating to "Act Select" and press A, C, or start button for Extra Slot characters.
- Try messing around with the mods! Maybe you'll find some secrets within the mod order. There's something in the sound test too, for only those chaotic enough to figure it out!
Enjoy the thrill of exploring Angel Island once again with these fantastic little critters. Have fun! Also, watch out for a cyclops running around ICZ act 1. ;)