Hellfire Saga is back in the Sonic Hacking Contest once again. And this time, we brought you a completed game.
This is a hack of Sonic 3 & Knuckles that is a cross-over between Castlevania, Ghosts 'n Goblins and Sonic game series, focused on boss fights (but not forgetting fast-paced platforming either!) and providing a unique story and aesthetic not seen in other hacks of the Sonic games.
If you only remember us from the last contest we appeared in, the game has received a monstrous amount of polish and new content, and is now completely playable from start to finish.
- 10 acts of fast-paced platforming and hard-as-nails fights across 4 zones;
- 15 mini-bosses to fight, 3 major bosses to really sink your teeth into, and one final boss that really is something special;
- A soundtrack of remixes and original songs that pushes the console to its absolute limits, available in the Sound Test as well;
- Four difficulty modes, including Normal, Hard, Assist (if you're struggling, and we don't judge by the way!), and Maniac (if you are truly insane);
- And finally, a mode that disables flashing effects, if you need that.
Now, if you've played our January 2023 release, we've still got a few things for you in this v2.0 update...
- The game has received a lot of tweaks and polish.
- The final boss now has a new music track for the second phase.
But for those who remember the original and want an excuse to perfect their skills...
Welcome to Extra mode. Your playthroughs will be judged. You will need to train to achieve a perfect run and be set free. The world has not forgotten your misdeeds. You reap what you sow.
- We recommend Kega Fusion, Genesis Plus GX, BlastEm and real hardware.
- Unlike v1.0 and like v1.1, Picodrive is supported.
- Gens is not supported.
We are grateful to every single one of you who have supported us over the course of these long five years. We hope to meet the same amount of support in our next ventures.