"Sonic Battle: Revised Edition" (also called "Sonic Battle: Rewritten") is a ROM edit of the Game-Boy Advance title, Sonic Battle, done in an attempt to modify the game's English dialogue to make the storyline better-paced and more coherent.
Features Currently Included:
- The game's English script has been overhauled in order to better resemble the dialogue from the Japanese release.
- Modifications to character protrayals (mainly Amy & Knuckles) to bring their personalities closer to their more favorable appearances in the series.
- As it's commonly accepted by the community (and is evidenced in the game itself) that this game's plot is set after Shadow The Hedgehog, the dialogue is also tweaked to better reflect this (as well as additional references and acknowledgements to certain other games from around the game's release).
- The amount of "negative space" in the game's textboxes have been heavily reduced, making the dialogue easier to read.
- The extra mile was taken, and the same rewrite treatment is given to the unlockable Professor Gerald journal entries. In addition, the process of adjusting the in-game card descriptions has indeed begun.
Although all of the dialogue has been rewritten, its implementation might or might not be a different story. Due to how this game's "pointers" work with textboxes alongisde the character portraits, the rewritten dialogue might not display/progress properly at times when using an IPS patch (reportedly, playing the already-modified ROM directly with an emulator seems to make it work fine).
If any other issues or glitches with this hack arise, please let me know.
- Twitter: @SpudNinjaVA
- Discord: SpudNinja#7058