Hello, you probably don't even know me by name (don't know that this is the first time you've seen me)
I am Red2010 or Mupkid fan (in youtube)...Leaving aside the presentation of who I am...
Sonic Encore is a project that started in May and its development restarted at the beginning of August of this year, mainly I did it to see what it was like to hack Sonic 1. Although I had several development problems, I miraculously managed to overcome everything and continue working on the hack. And yes I am proud of what I did for this edition of Sonic Hacking Contest
- More about the project:
Sonic Encore is an idea to resemble sonic mania plus
and its not bad encore mode.
Also because of the green nature of the project, several things will change in the future to make it clear.
Also the music is between good and bad (if you manage to access the other levels), and the spindash is at an early stage to be fully included. For now the music is quite mixed but at least it sounds fairly good. Sonic Encore has a recently finished level and it is not the best in the world
- The Seascape DAC is partially broken, and as of this writing it has not been fixed.
- In some emulators (such as genesis plus gx, etc.) the jump sound does not play correctly in several the sound does not even play
- Several Sonic Sprites have not been finished yet, and some are still those of Sonic 1
- A very bad list of supported emulators:
- Kega Fusion
- Gens (with errors in the jump sound)
- Genesis plus GX (with errors in the jump sound)
PD: We are not sure if it runs on real hardware but let us know what it runs in the comments